Thursday, October 13, 2011

This is the world we live in.

Until very recently I was an English major. I decided a long time ago that I would major in English because I've always genuinely enjoyed my English classes and I really love grammar. So I was an English major for a while, but I've decided it isn't for me. So, while I no longer have that validation, I still really love grammar and I know a lot about it. I get a weekly grammar tip in my e-mail that I usually enjoy because it's usually about one of those tricky little rules we all know English is just fraught with.

Then I got this one:
Come on, people! Really? There are people out there who don't understand the difference between 'lose' and 'loose'? I just can't comprehend that. I can't. It makes no sense to me. 

Of course, this week's tip was on how to use 'kind' vs. 'kinds,' so, I dunno, maybe they're just running out of topics over there at the Grammar Girl offices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment